By runing past credit card transactions through the database, you can extrapolate useful statistics about your payments and clients. Possibilities are:
- Generate statistics by card brands (visa/mastercard) used for payment
- Generate payment country statistics ( the country of origin of the card )
- Generate statistics for credit/debit cards used ( card type )
- Generate statistics for prepaid/gift cards used for payment
Incident analysis is another instance where you may need to find out more about a certain transaction.
Too often fraudulent transactions are detected post-factum and investigation is implied.
By matching the card BIN/IIN with our database you will identify many details about the card used in the fraudulent purchases.
With BinDB's BIN Database you can do the following:
- Match BIN data with user supplied data
- Match BIN data with user's IP address geolocation data (for online transactions)
- Find issuing bank's name, website and phone
Once you have identified the bank, you can report the issue and/or investigate further.