Global Issuer identification number data
Global & advanced Payment Cards Identification (PCI) of issuer financial institutions data
Issuer identification number (IIN) also known as Bank Identification Number (BIN) is the first six or eight digits of a payment card number using ISO/IEC 7812-1:2017 standard that specifies a numbering system for the identification of the card issuers.
Try our product Bin database (online debit/credit card bin lookup)
- Find country of issuing bank with bank identification number
- Identify payment card issuer financial institution name
- Check account funding type: Debit, Credit or Prepaid
- Determine category level: Classic, Gold, Business, Corporate ...
- Scheme: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, Diners, JCB and CUP
Identify Card Details
Detecting key characteristics about a card type, country of origin, issuing schema and issuing bank by IIN/BIN. The Issuer Identification Number (IIN) are the first six digits of a card's number.
PCI Directory File
Payment Card Identification (PCI) directory is a corporate solution designed to provide maximum coverage and accuracy in one data file and allows integrating on your end.
Web service REST API
Our simple yet powerful APIs provide quick integration and ease of access to the IIN reference directory data. The web service and API approach provides easy automation for IIN identification.
Card Scheme Identifier
The IIN reference data can identify the scheme or card network the card is issued by. We are able to distinguish both global and domestic card networks such as Union Pay, MIR and others.
Prepaid Cards Detection
Prepaid, Gift and Virtual cards can be a common source of risk transactions for businesses. Being able to detect prepaid cards may provide valuable insight for businesses accepting card payments.
Detect and Identify Prepaid Cards
Checking prepaid cards can help businesses to decrease fraud. BinDB can currently identify over 12,000 different prepaid, virtual and gift cards.
Making it impossible to check the credit history of the buyer, prepaid and gift card related fraud generates millions of dollars of losses every year. Another danger is when people sign in for recurring services.
A common scenario includes a person signing up for a service after preloading the initial balance needed for sign-up, however once the service is consumed for the initial period, the prepaid card does not contain enough balance for re-billing.
Prepaid cards can be separated in two main classes: relodable and non-reloadable. Where non-reloadable prepaid cards can be, gift cards, disposable or virtual cards, cobranded cards and cards issued under bin sponsorship. The key difference between them is that reloadable cards as the name suggests allow being funded regularly and reused where non-reloadable cards are mostly disposable one time use cards.
Why choose BinDB?
Why choose Industry standard fraud prevention?
Your company processes card payments manually or automatically, we know how well this works for you and we do not want to change your way of processing payments. On the contrary, we provide a new powerful tool to aid your business.
BinDB's data will increase your revenue and protect your company's reputation by decreasing card fraud. The BinDB's bank data is a collaboration of the joint efforts of our many suppliers, researchers and partners that accurately identifies payment cards using the first six digits of the credit card number also known as a Issuer Identification Number.
With BinDB's data you can identify bank cards issued from almost every financial institution in the world. An accurate and complete data can provide extensive information for a specific bin number.
Online access via Web Service
BinDB's Web Service service gives you quick and easy online access to your BIN identification solution from everywhere on the globe.
We keep your database up to date for you, no need of overwriting files and keeping track of current releases.
The Payment Card Identification REST API service provides great flexibility and scalability.
The PCI Directory businesses can identify many key factors of a given IIN number such as the card issuer, financial institution name and country or origin of bank cards.
- Extended Prepaid, Gift and Virtual cards detection (Reloadable and Non-Reloadable)
- Debit or Credit card recognition
- Card scheme identification (payment networks)
- Additional data on Co-Branded Cards (Identify cards issued by the bank in joint sponsorship with the large retail merchant)
- Detecting cards issued under BIN sponsorship (companies who process payments through an intermediary that is a direct scheme member)
- Distinguishing between consumer (personal) or commercial (business) cards.
- Fraud Prevention & Avoiding chargebacks
- Securing Recurring Payments and Subscription Billing Data.
- Improve financial security and risk management by detecting mismatches in card details and customer data.